Protect your tyres in the event of accidental or malicious damage
What Is TyreCare?
TyreCare is a comprehensive tyre insurance policy that protects your tyres from accidental or malicious damage, from as little as £5.99* per tyre. Tyres insured under the TyreCare policy will be repaired (maximum 3 repairs per tyre) or replaced, fitted (including valves), and balanced at no additional cost to you. TyreCare is available for anyone over the age of 17.
*Price quoted of £5.99 is for tyres up to £49.99
|Tyre Cost||Insurance Cost (per tyre)|
|£0 - £49.99||£5.99|
|£50 - £99.99||£9.99|
|£100 - £149.99||£14.99|
|£150 - £199.99||£19.99|
|£200 - £299.99||£29.99|
All prices include Insurance Premium Tax.
- Avoid unexpected costs
Buying new tyres isnít something most people budget for, especially when you get a puncture out of the blue. With TyreCare, you can avoid unexpected costs as the repair or replacement will be included in your policy.
Purchasing a Kwik Fit TyreCare policy means you will be able to take your car into any one of our centres nationwide should you need to claim under the insurance.
- One-off fixed fee
TyreCare insurance is a solution to safeguard your tyre purchase. Prices start from just £5.49* per tyre and is based on the price you pay for the tyre at the point of transaction.
- Peace of mind
Experiences with tyre damage such as punctures can often be stressful and a hassle to repair. Through TyreCare youíll be safe in the knowledge that you are covered for up to three repairs in the event of unexpected damage.
What Damage Is Covered?
- Accidental damage - sudden and unforeseen deflation or other damage to the tyre itself, or the valve, which requires the immediate repair or replacement before normal use can be resumed.
- Malicious damage - deflation or damage to the insured tyre or the valve caused intentionally by a third party, which requires a repair or a replacement before normal use can be resumed. In order to claim against malicious damage, you must report the incident to the Police and provide a crime reference number at the time of making a claim.
- Your vehicle will be covered in the UK, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands.
What Isn't Covered?
- Tyres below the UK legal limit of tread depth or any tyres that are not dot marked or where there has been an attempt to remove the serial number or other identifying marks from the tyre.
- Any malicious damage not accompanied by a valid and substantiated crime reference number, including fire and theft.
- Private hire, driving tuition vehicles (including any other professional instruction), taxis, and chauffeuring vehicles used for hire or reward.
- Vehicles used for competition or any competitive events. Off-road use, motor rallying, motor racing, pace-making, speed or duration tests (or any practice for these events), or track day events, regardless of whether they are timed or untimed.
- Commercial and agricultural vehicles.
For full details of all general conditions, please see the full policy terms and conditions.
How Long Will My Cover Last?
Your policy will end on whichever of the following occurs earliest:
- 12 months from the date of purchase; or
- When the insured tyre has been repaired three times; or
- When the insured tyre has been replaced.
When more than one tyre is insured under TyreCare each tyre will be insured separately under its own policy.
How Do I Get TyreCare?
You can purchase TyreCare in two ways:
- Add TyreCare to your basket when you purchase your tyre online
- Talk to your local centre and ask for TyreCare when your new tyre is fitted
What Else Do I Need To Know?
We want you to be confident TyreCare is for you before purchasing and itís important you read all the relevant documentation to help decide. The information on this page does not include the full terms and conditions of the contract of insurance. For full terms, please see the Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) and Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the page.
How Do I Make A Claim?
Itís simple. You can call any Kwik Fit centre or take your vehicle to any one of them. If a Kwik Fit centre is not in reasonable proximity to your location, please contact Kwik Fit Customer Services on 0800 75 76 77 and they will direct you to the nearest suitable centre.
Kwik Fit TyreCare is underwritten by London General Insurance Company Limited, (company number 1865673) whose registered head office is at TWENTY Kingston Road, Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey, TW18 4LG, United Kingdom. London General Insurance Company Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Further details can be found on the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk under FRN 202689.