Why service your car?
Although servicing your vehicle is not a legal requirement, there are a number of good reasons why you should consider getting your car serviced on a regular basis.
Regular servicing can help to identify potential problems before they become real ones. Servicing will make sure that essential checks are carried out to critical vehicle components such as your braking system and suspension to make sure that these vital parts don't let you down when you need them most. Regular servicing provides peace of mind that the vehicle is in road-worthy condition.
Just because a car feels ok, it doesn’t automatically mean all is working as well as it should be. As the miles clock-up so too does the wear and tear, but because deterioration is often gradual and hidden out of sight, motorists may not see and feel the change. This can lull motorists into a false sense of security, mistakenly believing that all is ok because nothing major has gone wrong with their vehicle.
Failing to service your vehicle each year to save a few pounds really is a false economy. Regular servicing can help to identify issues early on that could later become costly and expensive to rectify. Take engine oil for example, it’s needed to lubricate and protect the moving parts inside your engine. Without it, your engine could seize up costing thousands to repair or replace. All our service schedules include checking the engine oil and, if needed, replacing this with fresh oil specifically designed for your car to keep your engine running smoothly.
Regular servicing can also save motorists money at the petrol pump. New oil and air filters make for a smoother running engine and a more fuel efficient car, while addressing issues such as under inflated tyres will reduce rolling resistance and improve fuel consumption.
Furthermore, not servicing your car increases your chances of suffering a breakdown - which is both costly and inconvenient if you subsequently become reliant on hire cars or public transport whilst your vehicle is fixed.
Simply put, regularly servicing your car will undoubtedly improve the life span of the vehicle. Just like your body, the better you treat it – the longer it is likely to last. And with more and more people choosing to hold on to their car for longer – regular servicing is crucial if you are to enjoy many years of trouble-free driving.
Maintaining vehicle value
The second hand market is always competitive, with buyers expecting more for their money. A car with evidence of regular servicing – or even better a full service history - is likely to attract more potential buyers and a higher selling price.
Why service your car at Kwik Fit?
We’re Britain’s biggest Service & MOT provider which means servicing your car at Kwik Fit is easy with appointments available next day. What’s more, our service plans provide great value for money and are carried out by a team of dedicated service technicians.
- From just £92.00 Kwik Fit offers car servicing with quality parts of an equivalent standard to original manufacturer sourced parts and a range of engine oils suitable for your vehicle.
- From just £65.95 Kwik Fit can provide an Engine Oil and Filter Change which includes a series of vehicle safety checks.
- All Kwik Fit service technicians are specially qualified to use the latest electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Our service schedule covers the majority of checks included in most manufacturers’ service schedules.
- Appointments available 6 days a week for complete convenience.
- Any service components fitted by Kwik Fit automatically come with a 12 month guarantee.
- The price includes the environmental disposal of any components replaced.
- All Kwik Fit MOT & Service centres are approved and regularly inspected by the DVSA.
- Combine your Service with an MOT for further savings.