Frequently Asked Questions When You Shop At Kwik Fit
Got a question about your vehicle or the services that we provide? We've compiled a list of the most common car maintenance queries that we receive from our customers. Simply select a relevant category or type in your question below. If you still can't find what you're looking for, contact the team at your nearest Kwik Fit centre who will be happy to help.
Ask a Question
Search our FAQ database by typing a question or entering keywords below
Our top 5 frequently asked questions
Why are you open?
The government is allowing Garages to remain open so drivers can maintain the roadworthiness of their vehicle and keep them safe.
We have decided to remain open to provide our services to anyone needing to repair or maintain the safety of their vehicle, especially NHS staff, emergency personnel and other Key Workers.
What are you doing to safeguard your staff and customers?
We have put additional procedures and practices into effect to ensure we’re doing everything possible to ensure our staff and customers are as safe as possible. These include:
- Wearing protective gloves when receiving your keys and driving your car as well as changing gloves when we are finished.
- Always fitting your car with a protective seat cover.
- Verbally going through our quote with you on any required work. For now we have stopped the practice of getting signatures on both our quotations and in-store tablets.
- Increased cleaning of our reception area and toilets.
- Removing communal reading materials and stopping the use of our coffee machines.
We’re asking all customers to help us by:
- Respecting “social distancing”. This protects you as well as our staff members.
- Notifying a member of staff that you have arrived and waiting in your car. A member of staff will come to your car and assist you in order of customer arrival time.
- Using the bin provided to deposit any drinks bottles, cans, food packaging or tissues before leaving.
- Taking any reading materials such as newspapers or magazines away with you when leaving.
Do I need to MOT my vehicle?
If your vehicle’s MOT due date is between 30 March 2020 and 31 July 2020 the MOT will be extended by 6 months.
Your MOT certificate will NOT be extended if your vehicle’s MOT expires on or after 1 August 2020 and you must book an MOT as usual.
Can I book my MOT before the expiry date?
You can get an MOT up to a month (minus a day) before it runs out and keep the same renewal date.
For example, if your MOT runs out on 2 August, the earliest you can get an MOT to keep the same renewal date for next year is 3 July.
Do I need to wear a face mask/covering to visit your centres?
To ensure safety for both our customers and staff, we are implementing a face covering policy going forward. All of our staff, across all centres, will be wearing face masks, and we ask that any customers that are visiting our centres will wear a face covering.
Face coverings do not have to be face masks that you buy from a shop; they can also be made at home using any cloth or textiles that you have access to, but they must cover your nose and mouth for the full duration of your visit to our centre.