Frequently Asked Questions When You Shop At Kwik Fit
Got a question about your vehicle or the services that we provide? We've compiled a list of the most common car maintenance queries that we receive from our customers. Simply select a relevant category or type in your question below. If you still can't find what you're looking for, contact the team at your nearest Kwik Fit centre who will be happy to help.
Ask a Question
Search our FAQ database by typing a question or entering keywords below
Our top 5 frequently asked questions
Is Kwik Fit open?
The government has identified garages as providing essential services to ensure the road transport network continues to operate.
We've been open throughout and will continue to remain open so drivers can maintain the roadworthiness of their vehicles and keep them safe.
Do I need to MOT my vehicle?
If your vehicle’s MOT due date was between 30 March 2020 and 31 July 2020 the MOT will have been extended by 6 months.
Your MOT certificate will NOT be extended if your vehicle’s MOT expired on or after 1 August 2020 and you must book an MOT as usual.
What are you doing to safeguard your staff and customers?
We have put additional procedures and practices into effect to ensure we’re doing everything possible to ensure our staff and customers are as safe as possible. These include:
- Wearing protective gloves when receiving your keys and driving your car as well as changing gloves when we are finished.
- Always fitting your car with a protective seat cover.
- Verbally going through our quote with you on any required work. For now we have stopped the practice of getting signatures on both our quotations and in-store tablets.
- Increased cleaning of our reception area and toilets.
- Removing communal reading materials and stopping the use of our coffee machines.
We’re asking all customers to help us by:
- Respecting “social distancing”. This protects you as well as our staff members.
- Notifying a member of staff that you have arrived and waiting in your car. A member of staff will come to your car and assist you in order of customer arrival time.
- Using the bin provided to deposit any drinks bottles, cans, food packaging or tissues before leaving.
- Taking any reading materials such as newspapers or magazines away with you when leaving.
Can I book my MOT before the expiry date?
You can get an MOT up to a month (minus a day) before it runs out and keep the same renewal date.
For example, if your MOT runs out on 2 August, the earliest you can get an MOT to keep the same renewal date for next year is 3 July.
Do I need to wear a face mask/covering to visit your centres?
Our colleagues will wear face masks in line with the current guidelines applicable to the location of our centres and respectfully ask our customers to do the same.
Additionally, we want our customers to feel as comfortable as possible. So if the local guidelines do not require face masks to be worn but you would prefer our colleagues wear one during your visit then please ask and we will comply with your request.
We also will respect any customer or colleague who are exempt from wearing a face covering for age, health or disability reasons and not require written evidence such as card or badge to be shown as evidence of exemption.
Where guidelines require face coverings to be worn these do not have to be face masks that you buy from a shop; they can also be made at home using any cloth or textiles that have access to, but they must cover your nose and mouth.