A Message From Kwik Fit Regarding Coronavirus
Given the evolving situation with regard to the COVID-19 outbreak, Kwik Fit is taking it's response to Coronavirus in Great Britain and Northern Ireland very seriously.
We are carefully monitoring the situation and our overriding priority is the health and well-being of our staff and customers, and in any decisions we are making, that is our key consideration.
Where possible, our centres remain open as usual. Our mobile fitting vans also continue to operate, providing tyre fitting at home or at your place of work.
Many of our customers, both individuals and organisations, including emergency workers, teachers and those providing vital community services rely on us to ensure their vehicles are road worthy and safe.
If you are unsure about your MOT, service or other matters surrounding our approach to this situation please see our Coronavirus FAQ page, dedicated to providing clarity for the common questions around this.
We are also continuing to take all the precautions we can to help prevent the spread of the virus:
No Cash Payments In Centres
We are no longer accepting cash payments in our centres. We will now only be accepting card payments until further notice.
Cleaning and Hygiene
Our centre teams continue to be stringent around hygiene and cleaning regimes including thorough, frequent handwashing.
We have also increased our cleaning in centres, particularly for those areas touched regularly by team members and customers.
Our staff change gloves and wash hands between every vehicle job.
We are being extra vigilant on personal space and exercising social distancing as much as possible.
We've decommissioned the coffee machines in our waiting rooms until further notice to minimise contact in these areas.
We’ve temporarily changed our practices to help minimise contact and will not ask for your signature on paperwork or in store tablets.
We will clearly demonstrate work that is required to make your vehicle safe, show you any parts removed and demonstrate any faults.
You’ll be invited to receive quotations and invoices by email which we would appreciate you accepting to minimise contact.
For the safety of both Kwik Fit customers and staff, we are implementing a face covering policy moving forward. Across all centres our staff will be wearing face masks while in the reception area and we ask that all customers will respect these rules and wear a face covering while visiting.
These face coverings do not have to be shop-bought face masks, they can be made from home using various cloth or textile materials, however they must cover your mouth and nose for the duration of your visit.
If Extra Care is Required On Arrival
If you’d prefer to minimise your time in the centre then please follow the steps below:
- On arrival notify a member of staff at reception then return and remain in your vehicle.
- A member of staff will attend to you in order of arrival, discuss your requirements and either confirm the scheduled work or provide a quotation.
- Remain in your vehicle until we’re ready to commence work on it.
- At which point you can either leave the vehicle with us and return when the work is completed, or wait either in reception or outside the centre.
Thanks for your understanding during these challenging times.
The following centres have been temporarily closed:
- Beckenham - 404 Croydon Road
- Bromley - 39-41 London Road
- Croydon - 173-181 St James Road
- Exeter - Marsh Barton Road (Open for tyre bookings only)
- London - Golders Green - 1287 Finchley Road
- Rutherglen - 273 Main Street (Open for tyre bookings only)
- Surbiton - 81-87 Brighton Road
- Weymouth - Jubilee Retail Park (Open for tyre bookings only)