What are you doing to safeguard your staff and customers during COVID-19?
We have put additional procedures and practices into effect to ensure we’re doing everything possible to ensure our staff and customers are as safe as possible. These include:
- Wearing protective gloves when receiving your keys and driving your car as well as changing gloves when we are finished.
- Always fitting your car with a protective seat cover.
- Verbally going through our quote with you on any required work. For now we have stopped the practice of getting signatures on both our quotations and in-store tablets.
- Increased cleaning of our reception area and toilets.
- Removing communal reading materials and stopping the use of our coffee machines.
We’re asking all customers to help us by:
- Respecting “social distancing”. This protects you as well as our staff members.
- Politely asking that you wear a facemask or covering unless you are exempt due to age or health reasons.
- Notifying a member of staff that you have arrived and waiting in your car. A member of staff will come to your car and assist you in order of customer arrival time.
- Using the bin provided to deposit any drinks bottles, cans, food packaging or tissues before leaving.
- Taking any reading materials such as newspapers or magazines away with you when leaving.
Do I need to wear a face mask/covering to visit a Kwik Fit centre?
Our colleagues will wear face masks in line with the current guidelines applicable to the location of our centres and respectfully ask our customers to do the same.
Additionally, we want our customers to feel as comfortable as possible. So if the local guidelines do not require face masks to be worn but you would prefer our colleagues wear one during your visit then please ask and we will comply with your request.
We also will respect any customer or colleague who are exempt from wearing a face covering for age, health or disability reasons and not require written evidence such as card or badge to be shown as evidence of exemption.
Where guidelines require face coverings to be worn these do not have to be face masks that you buy from a shop; they can also be made at home using any cloth or textiles that have access to, but they must cover your nose and mouth.
Can I still come to the centre without a booking?
Yes but we strongly advise booking an appointment by calling us or using our website.
Vehicle maintenance is not always predictable so you may need urgent work to ensure your vehicle is safe; such as tyre replacement or puncture repair, brake or other vehicle safety check.
How can I find out if my nearest centre is open?
What should I do if I’m unable to keep my original booking time?
If you made your booking through our website you can amend the booking for free by clicking the ‘Manage My Booking’ link on your confirmation email and entering your booking details.
If you made your booking by phone then call the centre who will help you rearrange it, again at no charge.
What happens if I have a scheduled appointment but the centre closes?
We will contact you as early as possible and try to arrange the work to be carried out at another centre close to you. If we’re unable to transfer the work to your satisfaction, then we will provide refund on any payments you’ve made.
What can I do if I have a problem with my tyres but can’t come to the centre?
We provide a Mobile Tyre Fitting service that enables us to change your tyres at your home or place of work. For more information or to book an appointment click below:Further Information
Are you continuing to provide all services?
Wherever possible we are providing all our usual vehicle maintenance and repair services.
For details of services at specific centres please use the search facility on our website.
Are your opening hours still the same?
Wherever we can we are maintaining our opening hours as normal and are updating our website if changes are required.
I claimed a 'Free Winter Safety Kit with Michelin Tyres'. Is this affected by the lockdown?
If you have claimed your Winter Safety Kit but have not yet received this in the post, please be aware that due to the Coronavirus outbreak and Government guidance to close non-essential premises, despatch of the Winter Kit packs has taken longer than usual. We would like to reassure our customers that if you have successfully claimed your pack before the deadline of 30th April 2020, your kit has now been sent out on the 2nd June. Please allow at least 14 days for your winter kit to be received.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.Further Information